Friday, January 27, 2012

Greek Yogurt Cheesecake

Pin It What did that title say?! clueless Greek yogurt cheesecake! Yes, yes I did! And I of course in my usual Alissa fashion, did it in my own way! The same way you can!! So here we go....

What you need...
pie crust-now you CAN make one yourself, but why do that when you can soooo easily just buy one?! If you want to make one, then your just gonna have to google pie crust and then come back here cause this girl buys them!!
2 cups Greek Yogurt-flavor of your choice-I chose blueberry. But with the wide variety of greek yogurt flavors you could make it whatever you want! They have key lime, strawberry, blackberry, etc etc blah blah.
2/3 cup sugar

pinch of salt

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla extract

1 T cornstarch

fruit of your choice (optional) I used blueberries, but you could literally use whatever.

So let's get this yogurtcake party started!!!

Preheat oven to 350F

In a blender or food processor, combine the eggs, sugar, yogurt and vanilla. Blend until smooth then add cornstarch and pinch of salt and blend again. Pour filling into crust, and bake for 35 minutes. I then added blueberries by gently dropping them in, totally optional.

When the cheesecake is done, it will still be jiggly in the center but will have a “done” look to it. The edges of the cake will start to pull away from the sides of the pan. Make sure you don’t overbake. Which is easier said then done, I have no idea how to really tell if its done.

Then let cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours.



So how was it??? Well my husband and I last night, fork in hand, tried it and....it was amazing!!! I cannot believe how light it was! Now honestly is it as good as let's say The Cheesecake Factory? Well of course not, its probably 1000 calories less than that! But I do have to say it was amazingly good! I may next time not even bother with the crust, because I just dove into it with my fork and didn't even bother with the crust. The nice thing was that I didn't feel awful after eating some it. Normally you eat a piece of cheesecake and then like most women feel like OMG I can't believe I just ate that whole thing and now I have to eat vegetables only for the next 5 days!!!!
I recommend this one!!! Its very very very good!!! smooch Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It