Friday, January 27, 2012

Yogurt Covered Fruit

Pin It I was left to my own devices today and figured why not make something?! I find cooking somewhat soothing (that is IF it comes out right, if it comes out wrong heaven help who is around me..more on that when it happens) So if you are not familiar with the website Pinterest then your life is about to get so much better! I get many many idea's for cooking from there. At the bottom of this flog (new word I made up for food blog) I will explain Pinterest!

So back to the main event! Frozen Fruit in Yogurt....super super simple!! Figured I would start off easy. So what do you need?
Yogurt-any kind, any flavor, regular, greek etc. For my recipe I used Oikos Organic Greek Yogurt in Vanilla and Fage plain Greet Yogurt.


Fruit-now you can technically use whatever you want, but I used raspberries. I was planning on using sliced strawberries but will explain why in a moment. Any fruit will do, I used frozen fruit because its January in Cleveland and fresh fruit is super expensive and just not as good this time of year.

Ice cube tray- now you can use whatever you want to freeze them, but my issue was how to not make a gooey yogurty mess with the fruit. I needed to be contained somehow so it could freeze.

Now I was going to use strawberries, but they were too big for the ice cube tray so I will need to figure out some other way or cut them in half.
I placed parchment paper in between the two trays I made and threw them in the freezer. I would give them a few hours then you can take them out of the trays and tranfer to a bag. I used a knife to help pry them out. Now they aren't the prettiest thing to eat, but who cares?! This is a healthy snack!!

 Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It