Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Little Taco's in a Shell

Pin It Who doesn't just love love love did I mention love Mexican?! I love it! I usually go out for it, but tonight decided to try my cooking hand at some Mexican. Now this isn't traditional hard core Mexican food, its ground beef with taco seasoning in some pasta shells. But hey its considered Mexican food. Now if you want really really good Mexican food, may I suggest El Jalapenos or Momocho. I prefer El Jalapeno, but I know people who swear by Momocho. So your preference.

Ok so back to the task at hand..... little taco's in a shell....

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 4 once package cream cheese (low fat)
1box large pasta shells
1 cup salsa (or just one jar of the tostito's brand)
1 cup taco sauce (or one jar Ortega taco sauce)
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1 cup Mexican Cheese(shredded)
1 ½ cups tortilla chips (crushed and optional)
3 green onions (chopped and optional)
1 cup sour cream (optional)


In a frying pan cook ground beef and add taco seasoning.  Add cream cheese cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and allow to fully cool. While burger is cooking cook the pasta shells, drain. I used a large pot due to how big the shells are. *FYI some of the shells will get damaged and be unuseable. It happens, but its okay cause you will probably make more then you need. My extra's went to the doggys.

Pour salsa in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.

Stuff each shell with the meat mixture. Place the stuffed shells in the baking dish and cover the tops of the shells with taco sauce.
Cover and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

            

After 30 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle crushed chips and shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheeses on top. Cook for about 15 more minutes. Serve with sour cream, additional salsa, black olives or whatever strikes your fancy!!!

I have to say this was one of my better dishes, it was SO freaking good. Michael and I ate more than half of it. I highly recommend this one!!!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It