Monday, April 23, 2012

Mini Chicken Pot Pie's

Pin It

On a cold and windy day, what is your comfort food? My husband's is chicken pot pie! So the good wife that I am, I made it! Now I am a big fan of using my muffin pan for pretty much anything you can think of; whether that be mini meatloaf muffins, cookies, quiche, OR chicken pot pie. The muffin pan saves time cooking and makes it easy to throw a few muffins into a ziploc container and take for lunch the next day. If you've never tried this I highly suggest it.

Prep Time: 20    
Cook TIme: 12-15 min

Ingredients:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup frozen mixed veggies
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 TB Herbs de Provence
1 tsp garlic powder
2 can Pillsbury Grands biscuits
1-2 cups pre-cooked diced chicken (buy these in the frozen section of the grocery store)

* I used fat free chicken soup and low fat biscuits to make this a bit healthier

Preheat your oven to 400. 

Cook chicken according to package instructions, I eyeballed how much chicken I used. I used enough chicken to cover the plate, but not so much that it was overflowing or chicken on top of chicken.

In a large bowl, combine the cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, frozen veggies, cheese, herbs and spices.

Pam spary a 12-cup muffin tin and place the Pillsbury biscuits into each cup, pressing into the bottom and up the sides. Depending on the can of biscuits you may have extra biscuits, I decided to make super mini chicken pot pie's with my extra. Cut the biscuits in fourths and press firmly into mini muffin pan.



Evenly spoon the pot pie mixture into each biscuit cup. Slide into the oven and bake for about 12 minutes. I was a little worried about pot pie overflow, you may want to put a cookie sheet underneath the muffin pan(s).

Let rest for a few minutes and then pop them out with a knife! voila your done and enjoy!

These are the mini one's, the overflowed a bit!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It