Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Night Out....w/out drinking......

Pin It
A Night Out on a Saturday without drinking.....did I hear you right?  yes, yes you did. No I am not pregnant, but have had a wicked cold that has kicked my ass the past week or so. Thus no cooking blogs or cooking really at all. I have literally had some sort of soup and grilled cheese for the past week. I figured everyone knew how to make grilled cheese so I didn't feel it necessary to blog about it. Funny note about that though, I asked Michael to make me a grilled cheese sandwich, figured it was easy enough. Now I make mine on the stove, I butter both pieces of bread and put some slices of cheese in it and voila! You keep on eye on it and when its brown you flip yada yada yada. Wellllll, Michael literally told me that he did not know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich on the stove and only knew how to make it in the toaster oven. Now the toaster oven is fine, except its just dry toast with quasi melted cheese. Yuck!! It's just so very dry, so maybe I should have done a blog about making grilled cheese. :)

Anyway, so I have been sick and cancelled plans with friends to go out since drinking didn't seem too conducive to my health. So we went out to dinner to Latitude 41 N. Now I have been there numerous times for breakfast, but never for dinner. Still an awesome place! Breakfast is really really good. It's located in the Battery Park/Gordon Square District which also houses such places as Luxe, Happy Dog,  and many many others! (click here for a link to ALL the restaurants in that area) Dinner was great, I had this awesome meatball calzone with an incredible marinara sauce. Michael had a Sicilian calzone. It was accompanied with a surprisingly really good chopped salad! Then of course the whole reason why I wanted to go out in that area was my new favorite ice cream shop (sorry Mitchell's) Sweet Moses Soda Fountain & Treat Shop. I just CANNOT get enough of their brownie sundae. Now in a previous blog I raved about this place and how huge the portions are! Now this time I was smart, we got it to go and that way I ate some at home and some on Sunday! It is SOOOO freaking good! I love it, in fact I want some right now!!

So that was my weekend with absolutely no alcohol involved. Its okay I might as well get used to it since we are trying to get pregnant and if that happens, bye bye alcohol! I guess I should probably get my sushi fill in too!! :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It